You’ve probably read plenty of opinions in an online newspaper comments section about the rich folks working at charities earning all those outrageous, “wasteful” salaries.
Peep at the graph below …
Marvel at the bags of cash up for grabs …
My advice to job-seekers is to snag one of these plentiful sweet deals immediately and then invite me to party on your yacht, son!
If public perception believes charitable-sector employees and leaders are morally obliged to earn less than they do now for the complex work they do, I can’t imagine why the community has so many conversations about the turn-over rate. It’s a mystery.
- Imagine Canada on compensation
- Charity Village 2012 Nonprofit Compensation Study
- An executive pay witch hunt – Harvard Business Review
- Does it matter what the CEO of a charity is paid?
- Bill on Canadian registered charity salary disclosure & salary cap not helpful
- Forbes: Nonprofit CEOs are worth every dime