25 Beautiful Charity Logos & One “WTF!”

June 17, 2010 at 10:15 pm  •  Posted in Funny, Useful and Funny by  •  14 Comments

Did you know that the logo of the Red Cross is one of the most recognized symbols in the world? I mean, next to Coca-Cola of course.

Here are 25 little-known charity brands that are lovely to look at … and one “WTF!” for LOLz.

#1. Masifundise Trust

www.campaignfordrawing.org

#24. Heavensent Bulldog Rescue

www.heavensentbulldogrescue.com

#25. International Year of Biodiversity

www.cbd.int

And one WTF…

This logo was so close to Saul Bass awesome.

Did Community-Based Participatory Research and Research Ethics take the concept too far with a post-apocalyptic tree filled with stick corpses?

Maybe it needs more fish.

14 Comments

1. Tania Little / June 17, 2010 at 11:33 pm /

I was so inspired by some of the logo’s that I had to click through and learn more….now that’s a compelling brand if you ask me.

Fabulous list Claire….would be great to see if people suggest others.

• Claire / June 17, 2010 at 11:42 pm /

I just realized going over the list that I have a lot of Canadian & UK orgs because that’s what I usually see day to day, but I loved learning more about some of those US charities. The angel/bulldog logo cracks me up!

• Hayley S / November 23, 2010 at 10:25 am /

Me too – I love the Fig Tree Foundation logo. Made me curious to know what it’s about.

The CBPR kind of looks like it came off a Gorillaz album cover…haha

2. Jyotika / June 18, 2010 at 9:46 am /

Thanks for sharing these – some great ones, here. The Charlie’s Angels-esque Spay Sisters one was er, interesting… :)

• Claire / June 18, 2010 at 9:52 am /

Spay Sisters made me do a double-take, myself. Hilarious!

3. Jackie / June 18, 2010 at 10:24 am /

I love the East Africa Playgrounds logo.

Spay Sisters is Charlies Angels meets responsible pet ownership. Hilarious!

4. Mazarine / June 21, 2010 at 2:43 pm /

CBPR! hahahaha….

A lot of these logos are kind of busy…I mean, I love rainbows as much as the next Gen Y girl but who is going to notice that little lotus flower stuck in the middle of Rigul Trust’s logo?

And stand against poverty forgot to give that woman half of her arms… so sad! She can stand up, but she is impeded from doing other things!

Girls & Women is pretty but it looks like they had some serious font issues. I would not have spaced the letters like that.

International Year of Biodiversity and Equality Across America are probably my two favorites.

Mazarine

5. Christina / September 22, 2010 at 5:40 pm /

Love it! It is funny how working with/for the charity can sometimes make you blind to obvious concept issues – like your WTF example…or this one http://www.buzzfeed.com/dinoi/the-most-unfortunate-logo-ever-dj0

ouch.

• Claire Kerr / September 22, 2010 at 5:44 pm /

Oh dear that’s an unfortunate logo indeed!!!

6. Peter Drury / November 12, 2010 at 2:22 pm /

Why would CBPR want to fling all those people out into the ocean…?

• Claire Kerr / November 12, 2010 at 2:28 pm /

I can’t figure out their motives or even, the theme they were going for there!

7. Alicia / September 20, 2011 at 1:01 am /

Its interesting all of the top 25 logos tie very much into the name of the charity. The awful one at the end… Well no one knows what’s going. Goes to show how important charity logos are in the industry.

Whatisacharity.com

Alicia

8. Alicia / October 5, 2011 at 10:06 am /

Logos seem super important. I heard that the red cross is the second most recognizable symbol f

9. James / October 7, 2011 at 8:51 am /

well done article. Top 25 articles are the beat. Buffalo zoo article is my FAVOURITE.